We’re hiring an Area Manager at the Gift Shop. All applicants must be available to work on Saturdays. Shady Maple invites you to pursue a career with one of Lancaster County’s marketplace leaders. Family owned by the Weaver Family since 1970, Shady Maple offer a variety of employment opportunities to fit your goals and lifestyle.
We are looking for a responsible Area Manager to help organize and run our Gift Shop and fill in for the Store Manager when needed. Your job will be highly important in ensuring the sales team meets its goals of efficiency and customer satisfaction.
Area Manager responsibilities include training sales associates, monitoring inventory and ordering merchandise based on demand. You will also research competitive products and analyze consumer behavior to ensure our store meets and exceeds customer expectations.
Our ideal candidate will have retail manager skills with a sharp business mindset. You should also be skilled at organizing and solving problems. Interpersonal and mediation skills will also be very useful, since you’ll often be acting as a liaison between managers, employees and customers. Area managers vary in their specific scope within the Gift Shop. For this position we are looking for somebody with experience, or the ability to learn inventory management.
Area Managers are expected to work full time (38 hours or more), including 1 evening shift per week, and 2-3 Saturdays a month (Saturday shifts are either 8:00-2:30 or 2:30-9:00). Sundays we are closed.
Job Function & Duties:
- Assist the retail store manager in planning and implementing strategies to attract customers
- Coordinate daily customer service operations (e.g. sales processes, orders and payments)
- Monitor and maintain store inventory
- Supervise and motivate staff to perform their best
- Analyze consumer behavior and adjust product positioning
- Act as our store’s representative and set an example for our staff
- Proven experience in a retail leadership position.
- Familiarity with financial and customer service principles
- Proficient user of MS Office (MS Excel in particular), or show an ability to learn.
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Be on your feet for an extended amount of time
- Be able to move with alacrity and walk
Shady Maple Proudly Offers:
- Every Sunday Off – We Are Closed on Sundays!
- Competitive Industry Wages
- $3/hr bonus every Saturday
- Positive Work Culture
- Flexible Hours
- Paid Birthday Off
- Employee Discounts at all Shady Maple Businesses
- Emerging Leader Training and Development & Advancement
- Skill Development Training