A donut production associate performs a variety of donut production tasks that involve gathering and mixing ingredients, preparing and assembling donuts, operating bakery machinery, packing, and labeling.
Job Function & Duties:
- Follow established recipes in mixing various ingredients to make different kinds of donuts.
- Utilizes commercial bakery equipment e.g. small bowl mixer, rotating rack oven, double boiler, drazzler, shrink-wrapper, utensils, measuring cups, etc. in filling/icing mixing, baking, wrapping, and other finishing duties.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age as per United States Department of Labor
- Performs a variety of finishing duties including filling, icing, powdering, sugaring, and glazing doughnuts.
- Take inventory and/or reviews daily/weekly production sheets to determine variety and quantity of donuts to make.
- Utilize wheeled carts to transport product within various areas of production.
- Perform quality control measures such as product dating/coding, rotation, material conservation (wiping out/wiping off containers, paddles, etc.), and inspecting products during and after preparation procedures and making adjustments to processes as required.
- Perform production related duties e.g. stocking supplies/materials, routine cleaning/washing, transporting soiled utensils/small equipment to dish area, and organizing work area.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by management.
- Hands-On Learning
- Capable of multi-tasking, being flexible, and having initiative in the work environment.
- Maintain quality control standards
- Learn multiple job positions/tasks withing bakery production
- Lift and/or carry objects light and occasional medium weight as defined by the United States Department of Labor
- Must be able to push carts/pull hand jacks skids though the warehouse to the floor
- Must be able to stand on feet for the duration of shift
- Active job which requires walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching,
Shady Maple Proudly Offers:
- Every Sunday Off – We Are Closed on Sundays!
- Competitive Industry Wages
- $3/hr bonus every Saturday
- Positive Work Culture
- Flexible Hours
- Paid Birthday Off
- Employee Discounts at all Shady Maple Businesses
- Emerging Leader Training and Development & Advancement
- Skill Development Training