$1,000 Sign-On Bonus for Full-Time Meat Cutter Hires!
Shady Maple Farm Market is hiring an Experienced Meat Cutter for a full time position. All applicants must be available to work on Saturdays. Shady Maple invites you to pursue a career with one of Lancaster County’s marketplace leaders. Family owned by the Weaver Family since 1970, Shady Maple offer a variety of employment opportunities to fit your goals and lifestyle.
The meat department cutters are responsible for providing excellent customer service to all of Shady-Maples customers in accordance to the company’s values, vison, and mission. Cutters must be willing to work in a cold environment, as well as well as cleaning cases as needed, and assisting the department manager with knowing what needs ordered. Cutters must be willing to assist wrappers as needed.
Job Function & Duties:
- Provide premier customer service, including greeting them and responding to questions
- Must have experience, and a strong meat cutting background
- Must be willing to help wrap, and run product out to refrigerated/frozen cases
- Help pull dated product from fresh/frozen cases
- Create detailed list to help managers and supervisors order product
- Clean and sanitize meat department daily, as well as cleaning meat cases weekly
- Must keep work station clean and organized for a safe working environment
- Must have the ability to cook (customers always ask for cooking instructions)
- Moving meat from coolers to cutting area and returning meat to the cooler
- Dynamically selling product by proving customers with information needed to make decisions
- Ensure that all items in display case are fresh and presented in an eye catching fashion
- Follow all health and safety guidelines set forth by the FDA and OSHA
- Cutting and preparing all varieties and cuts of meat, including the safe operation of tools
- Ability to communicate orally and read and follow written work assignments
- Must have knowledge of product variety, standards, perishability, food safety, sanitation, labeling and department policies and procedures
- Strong customer service skills
- Knife cutting/sharpening skills
- Strong knowledge of different cuts of meat
- Basic Mathematics skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift 90 pound boxes
- Be able to move around quickly
- Job requires, walking, bending kneeling, and standing
- Availability to stand on feet for 4-5 hours daily
- Push and pull loaded hand trucks
Shady Maple Proudly Offers:
- Every Sunday Off – We Are Closed on Sundays!
- Competitive Industry Wages
- $3/hr bonus every Saturday
- Positive Work Culture
- Flexible Hours
- Paid Birthday Off
- Employee Discounts at all Shady Maple Businesses
- Emerging Leader Training and Development & Advancement
- Skill Development Training