COVID-19 Action Plan
For implementation July 1, 2020, per the order of the Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Health
Shady Maple Smorgasbord is committed to your safety. We are adhering to state orders to ensure our guests can dine in a safe and clean environment. For the protection of you and our employees, please follow along with these safety measures to help reduce the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
What we’re doing for customer safety
- We require that customers wear masks when away from the table. We require that masks must be worn when guests are moving through the building. Pennsylvania Department of Health suggests this precaution unless there is a medical condition that prohibits the ability to so and for children two years of age and under.
- Limiting the number of guests in the restaurant at one time. We have been instructed to only allow 50% occupancy inside the restaurant.
- Practicing social distancing will be required. Maintaining a 6-foot distance between guests is mandatory. Signs have been posted throughout the store as reminders.
- Safety guards have been installed. Plexiglass shields have been installed at the customer service counter and register. This protects you and our employees.
- Sanitation of dining tables before guests are seated. Dining tables will be sanitized before your party is seated.
- Gloves are required to be worn at all times at the buffet line. The buffet will be functioning as a touchless buffet, which requires hands to be gloved when getting food. As an extra precaution, serving utensils will be changed every 30 minutes.
- Additional cleaning has been added. Extra staff has been hired to clean high traffic areas every 30 minutes and to conduct thorough cleaning at the close of business each day.
What we’re doing to keep our employees safe
- We are requiring and providing masks for all employees. Every employee has been given a mask to wear during their shift. The only time masks can be removed are during lunch/dinner breaks.
- Break room social distancing is required. Our break room seating has been spaced 6 feet apart to maintain social distancing.
- Handwashing breaks are scheduled every 30 minutes.
Touchless Buffet & Beverage Bar
- Masks are required in the buffet & beverage area.
- Provided gloves must be worn in the buffet & beverage area at all times. As an extra precaution, hand sanitizer is available for use before gloving. Please apply new gloves when re-entering the buffet.
- Touch plates, drinkware, and serving utensils with a gloved hand ONLY.
- Gloves may be removed after exiting the buffet & beverage area. Glove disposal receptacles are available in the dining area.
- Due to restricted seating, we are asking our guests to observe a 2-hour dining limit.
- Always keep a distance of 6 feet apart from other guests by using distancing guides.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult when in the buffet area.
- Please notify your cashier and hostess if you are unable to wear a mask due to a medical condition.
Thank you for your patronage during these difficult times. We strive to offer the same quality level of customer service and commitment to our guests while taking extra safety precautions to keep us all safe.