Supervises housekeeping employees and operations with the goal of providing an exceptionally clean and well-kept facility for customers and employees. Duties include general housekeeping and employee supervision, coordinating daily housekeeping tasks, facilitating and assisting with housekeeping job duties, and employee training and evaluation.
Job Function & Duties:
- Supervise housekeeping employees and operations, including…
- Communicating with employees, giving appropriate praise and criticism, answering questions, directing and assisting in the resolution of problems and conflicts, helping them maintain positive attitudes, and making sure they are performing their job duties satisfactorily.
- Overseeing and/or performing employee training, development, and evaluation (as scheduled by the HR department).
- Managing, designating, and assigning housekeeping tasks.
- Perform the duties of a housekeeper as necessary.
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the management.
- Lift and/or carry objects light and occasional medium weight per United States Department of Labor definitions – 30lbs+
- Oversee and ensure adherence to company health and safety expectations and all department standards, policies, and procedures.
- At least three months experience performing the duties of a housekeeper.
- Able to read, write, gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Able to organize and coordinate tasks, schedules, resources, etc.
- Able to lead, influence, motivate, and mentor subordinates.
- Ability to function as a “team player” with peers and supervisors.
- Display a willing and teachable attitude toward developing leadership/managerial skills as outlined in the performance appraisal and management handbook.
- Be on your feet for an extended amount of time
- Be able to move with alacrity and walk
- Must be able to lift and/or carry objects 30 to 40 lbs
Shady Maple Proudly Offers:
- Every Sunday Off – We Are Closed on Sundays!
- Competitive Industry Wages
- $3/hr bonus every Saturday
- Positive Work Culture
- Flexible Hours
- Paid Birthday Off
- Employee Discounts at all Shady Maple Businesses
- Emerging Leader Training and Development & Advancement
- Skill Development Training
Shady Maple Farm Market is looking for a Meat Department Supervisor for a full time position. All applicants must be available to work on Saturdays. Shady Maple invites you to pursue a career with one of Lancaster County’s marketplace leaders. Family owned by the Weaver Family since 1970, Shady Maple offer a variety of employment opportunities to fit your goals and lifestyle.