Supervises the dishwashing staff and procedures with the goal of meeting or exceeding health and safety standards in the operation of an efficient dishwashing department. Duties include coordinating staffing assignments, general department and employee supervision, employee training and evaluation, and routine maintenance of commercial, automatic dishwashing equipment.
Job Function & Duties:
- Receive and follow directions given by the Dishwashing Manager.
- Supervise the dishwashing department employees and operations, including…
- Communicating with employees, giving appropriate praise and criticism, answering questions, directing in the resolution of problems and conflicts, helping them maintain positive attitudes and making sure they are performing their job duties satisfactorily.
- Assigning employees to designated stations.
- Performing employee training and development.
- Maintaining high standards of quality control.
- Overseeing the gathering and replacing of dirty dinnerware carts in the dining room.
- Ensuring that work areas are orderly and clean.
- Clean and maintain the dish flight machines.
- Perform the duties of a dishwasher as necessary.
- Assist the manager in the evaluation of dishwashing employees’ job performance.
- Perform other miscellaneous and reasonable duties as assigned by the management.
- Lift and/or carry objects light and medium weight per United States Department of Labor definitions.
- Follow and ensure department adherence to health and safety expectations and all department standards, policies, and procedures.
- At least three months experience performing the duties of a dishwasher.
- Able to read, write, gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Able to organize and coordinate tasks, schedules, resources, etc.
- Able to lead, influence, motivate, and mentor subordinates.
- Ability to function as a “team player” with peers and supervisors.
- Display a willing and teachable attitude toward developing leadership/managerial skills as outlined in the performance appraisal and management handbook
- Be on your feet for an extended amount of time
- Be able to move with alacrity and walk
- Must be able to lift and/or carry objects light and medium weight
Shady Maple Proudly Offers:
- Every Sunday Off – We Are Closed on Sundays!
- Competitive Industry Wages
- $3/hr bonus every Saturday
- Positive Work Culture
- Flexible Hours
- Paid Birthday Off
- Employee Discounts at all Shady Maple Businesses
- Emerging Leader Training and Development & Advancement
- Skill Development Training
Shady Maple Farm Market is looking for a Meat Department Supervisor for a full time position. All applicants must be available to work on Saturdays. Shady Maple invites you to pursue a career with one of Lancaster County’s marketplace leaders. Family owned by the Weaver Family since 1970, Shady Maple offer a variety of employment opportunities to fit your goals and lifestyle.